Monday

Shadow Box Charlie



Hey bloggers! Due to be unable to login in to my other blog account I have had to create a new one. I hope that you guys can follow me over to this one! I have written down every bit of info so that hope fully this doesn't happen again. Sorry for the confusion, I really don't know what went wrong. I'll be posting a new project weekly and sometimes more often, hopefully some of these projects will inspire you and keep me motivated to explore and try new things.
I would love to hear from you other paper "artist" too!
My newest is a shadowbox style card. I've been facinated with shadowboxes since I had to do a project for one in Kindregarten! While they are more time consuming than a regular card they are a lot of fun! I started with the background of the card. It is an emboss resist technique on watercolor paper. Then I built the shadowbox to fit the background. Next was the grassy field, I cut it out freehand and embossed in CB folder. The focal point is Charlie Fenced In, a stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps. I stamped and embossed it several times to give the 3-d layers and extend the fence post. He was watercolored using SU markers. The next layer was freehand cutting some bushes and runing through the CB in the swiss dot folder. The tree's were cut freehand so was the birds nest and eggs. The tree trunks look really realistic because of the handmade paper also from Clear Dollar, it's really cool and looks like tree bark or cork. I cut the tiny flowers on the fence, the flourish"vines" and the row of grass on the Cricut. All of the butterflies were cut from dp. The corners of the frame have been mitered and it was sewn on the sewing machine.
Papers used were Bashful Blue, River Rock, Celery, Old Olive from SU and dp from DCWV. Fillagree flower, brad and scallop border punch from SU. The Swarovski crystals from Hobby Lobby. Glossy Accents from Ranger, Stickles, Specialty paper and stamp from Clear Dollar.

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

You are a card-making genius!!! I love every single card that you make. You never cease to amaze me. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!

You are such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your art with us.

Hugs~Carolyn

Laurie Wilson said...

Super adorable shadow box card! I just love all the cute details! This is like a little picture! Just darling!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

OMG! This is so adorable! My 9 year son refers to his friends at school who are really good at math as "Math Magicians" So with that thought in mind I hereby dub thee "Card Magician" Your work is so precious! :)

Alysabeth said...

What an AMAZING card. YOu did such a spectacluar job, I wish I could CASE it;o)

Anonymous said...

Wow ... I just came over for a little visit and OMGosh, what a BEAUTIFUL creation! Absolutely amazing detail and so bright and colourful. I LOVE IT!

Joan Ervin said...

This is just fabulous, Shawne....I love the little shadow box aand that super cute little Charlie!!! Welcome to the CDS DT...looks like you are going to knock our socks off!!!

Linda Borneman said...

Shawne! Wow! No wonder you've been given the opportunity to serve on the CDS Team as a "Detail Designer"!...because you have certainly the gift of detail here.

This card is nothing short of AMAZING! All the thoughtful, minute details that make this little shadowbox card "magical" that you have implemented is superb! I can't wait to see more of your work and again, I'm honored to be creating alongside you for CDS!

Linsey R said...

Omgosh, this is absolutely, over-the-top FABULOUS!!! I adoooreee your blog and thank you so so much for visiting mine! You are so sweet and I'm thrilled to have a new wonderfully talented blogging buddy! :) hugs and smiles! xoxo

Cassie said...

You are amazing! Everything you touch turns to art. Wow, wow, wow!

Angel said...

omgoodness, this is so awesome!!!! love it!!