Monday

Have A Heavenly Day




Hey blogger friends, some of you may have already seen this card on our August news letter but if you want now you can get a better look by clicking on the picture or see the other views. I made this one with my new Angel Ballerina. I wanted to put her in a very heavenly setting so I sponged a cloud background on the main panel and the one behind it and stamped it with the little star stamp that comes in the Sassy Scallops set. Usually I do all of my main panels and images on watercolor paper but this time I stamped and painted right on to shimmery white cardstock to give it all a heavenly glow. The first panels is embossed with sissix swirls on one half and hand embossed with stars on the other. All panels are surrounded by this gathered sparkly sheer ribbon that to me has a heavenly cloud-like effect. I accented with stickles and sworovski crystals for extra sparkle and shine. In person nothing beats genuine crystals for mega-sparkle on your cards! I trimmed down a nestie scalloped oval to make the frame for the verse and used a chipboard star to accent it. How angelic is she?
Make sure to scroll down to the previous post to find out how you can win some REALLY awesome blog candy going on at CDS until August 31st! Trust me you don't want to miss it! Lori is giving away the ENTIRE collection of new releases in September, there are a lot of really cute stamps coming out next month! ;)

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh WOW, Shawne! That word honestly ALWAYS comes out of my mouth when I see your work. This is simply divine ;D

Cheryl said...

Wow Shawne! Once again, your creations inspire and amaze me! This is so, so pretty...beautifully done!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! Wow! And Wow again!! Love this creation. The colors with your adorable angel is fabulous!! I love all the lace too!!! You are such an inspiration!! Hope you, your little girl and the rest of your family are having a great day!!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

What a heavenly card. Love the blues, the clouds and the lace. I have not seen that card before so thank you for showing it again. Perfect in every way.

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Wow..... gorgeous......love the work you did with the ribbon.... so delicate.

Crystal said...

Utterly GORGEOUS work, Shawne ! My first time I've been to your blog and what a treat !!! :)

Karen Lynn said...

Oooo-What a pretty card!

Lori said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! Looking forward to follower updates, and thank you for following my blog.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the layers, image and colors. Your blog is awesome!