Thursday

CDSWCC39 - I Want To Be A Ballerina For Halloween!




Another girly card from me of course, with four daughters what do you expect? Do you know how many times I've heard I want to be a ballerina for Halloween?! LOL! Most of my ballerina stamps were in fact inspired by my daughters in their Halloween costumes, lets see I've had the bee ballerina's, angel ballerina's, ladybug ballerina's, barbie ballerina's, princess ballerina's, regular ballerina's, the list could go on and on and on...LOL! Nope no scary or ugly costumes for the girls in my house! And I'm just fine with that, girls are suppose to be cute! Enough to inspire a truck load of ballerina stamps, Whatcha think could you use more? ;)
About my card-This is for the color challenge I host over on Papercraft Planet. The colors I chose this time are only orange, green galore, orchid opulence-these are the SU color names but you could play and use anything similar. Click HERE to play along! I wanted to keep mine CAS for a couple of reasons, I wanted to soften the bold colors by using the white, I'm afraid of white because I'm always afraid of getting a smudge on it (I tend to get ink, glitter and embossing powder all over the place!) But I love the white cards. This is part oof why I didn't want to sew on it,instead I went around all of the edges in stickles. All of the layers are dry embossed. The flower is there only to hide a seam I had to make so that the two nesties would layer right. Oh and this is my first time using my new Prisma Colored Pencils!!!! I couldn't wait to try them out but man, it took me forever to get them all sharpened! My husband finally took pity and helped! I did not use oms or gamasol, I haven't gotten any yet so I just colored, like a kid with a coloring book, it was fun!

8 comments:

Cassie said...

I love it, Shawne!! It's so gorgeous! I love the idea of little ballerina's running around the house. My daughter has done the princess thing once, but she's quite a tomboy on occasion, so I was pretty lucky that year. Maybe she'll surprise me this year, and want something really girly ;D

Tricia T said...

*Wonderful* job with the prismacolors. Aren't they a dream?? TFS!!

Melody said...

Beautiful coloring and I love how you popped up the skirt!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my Shawnee, when I color with colored pencils, it doesn't turn out like YOURS. Wow. No gamsol or anything. Oh my goodness. Can you say ARTIST?! Hee. I just love the white and your coloring. The sheer ribbon adds the perfect touch. I just love how you used these colors. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Another "cutie!"

Cheryl said...

Too cute Shawne! Love the stickles around the edges, and what an adorable image!

Candy F. said...

What an adorable ballerina although I'm sure your "real life" ballerinas are much cuter. I love this color combo.

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is so pretty Shawne. I love that you added stickles to the edges. Adorable image. My son is going to be ELVIS for Halloween. I can't WAIT to get pictures. It cracks me up just thinking about it. He's only 8 so the fact that he even knows who Elvis is makes it even funnier. I think it's so awesome how you pulled your images from your girls...that's so special.