Thursday

Two Fun Cards, One Jolly Image, Two Ways!






Hey guys, I'm gonna make this a quick post, all of my kiddos are home today and I'm trying to come up with something fun and Christmassy to do with them! It has taken me forever to finish the larger card, I've worked on it off and on over the last couple of weeks, I don't have a lot of time for this much detail lately but I wanted this one to be specail so I just took my time and did it between doing other stuff! The smaller was really really super quick and no I didn't color the little charm sized elf, it's the pre colored version. Both cards use the Jolly Elf image set, it comes in png or jpg as usual and each purchase contains the line art and colored version. These colored versions are great for creating quick cards in a pinch! The larger card is about 7x7 inches and was colored with prismas, I used some old Basic Gray dp and the plaid embossed layer is this really awesome olive/brown kraft from Paper Temptress. I got this idea that I could sand the top of the olive and the brown kraft would show through, it worked beautifully, I love the effect, very rustic but so pretty and really makes the texture pop! You can get it Here and you will find the Elf image Here. Both of the cards were alot of fun for me because I love to get colorful! That will be all, thanks for stopping by today, hope to see you again before Christmas!

4 comments:

Teri Terrific said...

This is a great card! Thanks for the embossing idea for the color/kraft paper; I'm looking forward to trying this technique :D
What did you do with the red ornaments? They look wonderful.
The smaller card is just CUTE!
Thanks for posting,
Merry Christmas!!
Teri "Terrific"

Karen B said...

How cute is this patch elf. OMG! I love all the colourful touches and the stitching. Lots of elements, lots of interest. I love it all. Thanks Shawne.
What a great idea to have them coloured too. But I do love to colour with copics. Very therapeutic.

Michelle Pearson said...

all the love and time you put into that card shows, Shawne! It is so fun...true eye candy! :)

Kristine said...

holy smokaroonies Shawne!! LOVE Your gorgeous coloring and sponging on this! The color and DP you used are just so AWESOME! WOWIE. Sorry I missed this one :( Glad I found it =)