Tuesday

Got Tractor




Finally! I'm getting on my last post that should have been on last week, it seem's like it took me forever to get caught up after losing my computer for a week. I have to say this is one of the most fun cards I've done lately because it is very rare for me to get the opportunity to do something this "MANLY". It is definitely one for the boys who like big toys! Plus the opportunity it gave me to really play with the stamps dimension was great! Clear Dollar is really stepping up to the plate in giving us some really cool stamps for the guys! I did a lot of free hand painting with the acrylics to create a scene for this stamp. I used the acrylics to add faux rust to the screw top brads on the corner also. I really like the tracks stamp that comes with this set too. It's so authentic. I did some sponging and splattering with the spritzer tool to make the tracks look dirty and mud spattered. Even I looked like I had been digging in the dirt by the time I was done with this one! The "dirt" you see on the card in the scene and pouring out of the scooper was homemade. My dirt color is SU! really rust, the other colors I used are black, saffron, and artichoke. I think I was probably looking most forward to using this one of all of my new stamps because it is so different from the feminine and cute cards I usually do. So I saved it for last, enjoy your day guys, I'll catch ya back here later!


11 comments:

Cassie said...

Shawne, you never cease to amaze me. NEVER! Looking at your stamped projects, I am honestly amazed that what you do can be done with stamps. If I didn't know they were stamps, my goodness, I don't know. I guess I'm kind of speechless, which is really unusual! You're amazing, Girl!!

wendyp said...

Wow!!! This is incredible! Everyone of your cards amazes me more than the last. Such talent! Love the way you created the woven tireprint strips!

Codi Jo said...

This is not stamping, this is ART! I bow to your greatness oh holy stampmistress! WOW! I need my theasurous for more adjectives.

Tricia T said...

Shawne, this is incredible!! Any guy would love to get this card... although most of them would just say - "Oh, cool" - and look to see if there was any money in it. :) We, on the other hand, will marvel at the amazing piece of art that it is!! :)

TFS!!!!!

Carolyn said...

Lol at Codi Jo's comments, but totally agree with her. Amazing Shawne! I always anxiously await your next creation. My boys would even love a card like this. FABULOUS!!!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Shawne, This stamp SO belongs in my house! You have no idea how many toy tractors live here! I just LOVE this card! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

I saw this on SCS and just about squeeled. This is fabulous. I love what you did with the tracks and your dirt looks awesome.

Michelle said...

Hi Shawne...I just found your blog...um...I *think* from Tori's blog (can you tell I blurf too much?). I was drawn because your cards remind me a lot of Kim Teasdale's....whom I ADORE. You are so very talented....I will be checking back again!!

Priscilla said...

Oh Shawne......what to say??? It's another awesome card by you. I love this side of you and hope you do more...This card is what I call "MACO FABO" :) nough said!! :)

Laurie Wilson said...

This is ONE AWESOME tractor card, girl! Love all that detail and the tire track accents are so perfectly done! Oh yeah, that coloring is just divine too!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Holy Tractor Dirt Batman!! You knocked this out of the park! AWESOME DETAILS!!